Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wikis

I love the idea of wikis. I know that most of my knowledge comes not from having the knowledge in my head, but in knowing where to find an answer. Usually this comes from checking with others. I get partial answers from multiple sources and pull bits of information together to fit it all into THE answer for which I was looking.
Wikis can offer one stop for all the sources of information to get my answer. My trouble with wikis is finding a site that I trust. The few times I land on a wiki in my frantic search for answers, I make sure to verify information. I have not yet ventured into adding/editing content onto a wiki, but hopefully L&P will help me get over that fear (much like my former twitterphobia). We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I will continue to skim information that others post.

No comments: