Sunday, November 30, 2008

Web-Based Apps

So I played a little with Google docs. I added the app to my iGoogle account, and decided to play around. I was looking forward to some outstanding functionality as I LOVE my gmail account. Sticking to my comfort zone (MS Excel), I went to the spreadsheet functionality. I am so used to the keystrokes and formulas playing with data in Excel, that I decided to see how the functionality translates. Many formulas work the same, which I was happy with. I was unable to find filters, which is a function I cannot live without, but will continue to play with until I find it. Since I've updated to include Google docs, I will continue to play with some of the non-confidential information I come in contact with and Google docs to see how it works for me. Google docs (or some other platform) would have been really beneficial with my previous employer where information needed to be shared across the globe; would have loved that for some of the docs that I worked on across language barriers. I did love to see the import export feature. Will continue to play; look for blog posts created with Google docs.

No comments: