Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ugh, blogging...

So far I've resisted blogging. I think it stems from my adolescent (aka awkward, ugly, hormonal) period when I was first asked to journal. I could not figure out why this man (my English teacher) cared what was in head, deserved to know what was in my head, or what he would do with said information... So I half-heartedly journaled, giving little insight and a LOT of fluff (aka made-up and/or exageratted junk). I've come across people who have found some sort of serenity from journaling, and I've been in awe. Despite my best efforts, I have several journals with half a page of nonsense left off mid-sentence (no doubt for a more interesting calculus problem, novel, or sitcom; in that order) and 149 1/2 blank pages. Oh well, at least I tried.
I've looked at blogging much the same way, who cares what's in my head, and once someone's read it, what will they think? I am much more secure in myself since adolescence (as I hope we all are) and I have this wonderful opportunity through work http://columbusmetropolitanlibrary.wordpress.com/ to participate in a voluntary program where I can keep current on technology and have fun with it. So I decided to take the plunge and start a blog.
For those that care to read, enjoy! My disclaimer(sssss):
Everything you've read has been painstakingly written, deleted, and re-worded at leat twice (numbers I can do, words come a bit more deliberately)
~87% of an iceberg is underwater; you may be reading the fluff
I distract easily; I'm aware of all the balls I'm juggling, it just may take a while to get back to the point
If I have a concise story to tell, you may want to set aside a couple hours to pour through several irrelevent pieces of information; the point will be worth it
I will not blog about politics, religion, or my feelings (mi sh'yavin, yavin - those who know...)

No comments: