Friday, August 15, 2008

Painting

I have not been as disciplined in my blogging as I would have hoped to be. I have been playing online over the past week or so (maybe the past few years...), and trying to learn a thing or two, but then the phone rings, a new email pops, someone stops in, etc., etc., etc. I have not attempted blogging within my playing as I am aware of the time needed for me to write anything, and cannot devote two days of work to laboring over a five sentence blog post that should not make my palms sweaty.


So I spent some of my summer while my family was away painting bedrooms, meaning that I thought about painting for the five weeks they were away, and spent my last few days alone feverishly painting (with a little help from friends; imagine link here, but they aren't set-up, yet) to make it look as though my month had not been a complete lazy waste. The rooms ended up okay, the 16 year old was happy w/ the Buckeye colors http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/, although I could care less. The 8 and 9 year olds were very pleased with their valley scene bedroom, although I think it looked different in real life than in their imaginations:
Thank you art teacher for rendering my creativity juvenile on a good day. This left only my room and the 15 year old's...
I thought better of a nice homecoming surprise for WU and held off painting our room until we can officially choose colors together and paint; I am becoming accustomed to the flat primer that we've lived with for years, while taping up samples of different shades of the same four colors.
The 15 year old was away for another few weeks buying us painting time. We had a color request which was easily accommodated, yellow, you know the angry color (http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html). I went to the store to find a nice soft yellow, and settled on one called something like Banana Cream Pie, or maybe that's just what it reminded me of. So I had two yellows in the house when the kids came home, the more visible one was the shade I used to create the sun in the valley scene. I believe it was called UTI Yellow, or something similarly harsh. The kids are having dinner with us, and I ask the 15 year old if she's seen the color, to which she replies, "yes, I love it!" I can't imagine she really saw the sample swipe on the banana cream bucket, hopefully she will not be disappointed when she sees a muted yellow rather than the harsh, bright, angering shade of the sun. Only time will tell.
In closing, ANY bedroom color suggestions would be greatly appreciated; if a left brained accountant thinks she's got the creativity to paint a valley in a bedroom, a little inspiration is most definitely in order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your valley scene is fabulous! Who woulda thought a bean counter could be artistic? jk I hope your kids appreciate you (and their rooms).