Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ten Randoms...

Okay, so the randomness in my tweets did not get the job done, so here goes...
  1. My senior year of high school, I toyed with the idea of going to culinary school. Still enjoy tooling around the kitchen and making up recipes, and wonder if I might get there someday...
  2. I am number 10 in my family of 12 (9 girls 3 boys); all fourteen of us lived in the house for about eight months before the oldest was off to the Marines and the second was off to marriage. My parents still live there and plan on never selling it in case an emergency brings us (and their 7 sons/daughters in law and their 21 grandchildren) back home.
  3. My first choice of profession was H.S. math teacher, 1 year in school; then pure math 2 1/2 years in school (to do what????); then tallied credits and loans and went for the practical Bus. Admin. w/ Accounting (gotta have me some math). Eight years later, BBA, please call me Dr. Wendy (okay most of it was part time, but still eight years...)
  4. My biggest indulge the crave snack: Dark Chocolate covered pretzels. Loved it as the fundraiser pretzel rods made by Jr. High-ers until I worked with them on making it for a fundraiser...
  5. I love to try new beers. Best gift EVER beer of the month club, some good ones some not so good, but nice to look forward to each month. One of my sisters works as a sales rep for a microbrew distributor, so I now have a filter so only the good stuff comes my way.
  6. I "married" a library lover, and have converted. Don't have (make) as much time as I'd like for reading, but after my first interview w/ CML, I stopped in at REY and paid my fines.
  7. I am not a huge animal lover (could do without them), but when I was told our house WOULD have cats, I dealt. I don't kick them or anything, but I don't show a tremendous amount of affection either.
  8. When my eight year old asked for help with cursive, I had to consult my good friend Google I'm not proud of this, but feel I must own up.
  9. I HEART Excel (some of you may already know this). I think pulling (sometimes seemingly unrelated) data into one file and cleaning up for presentation is FUN. Most of my Excel knowledge is a compilation of leaching off others' formulas and playing on my own to figure out how the heck they did that.
  10. Given my perfect circumstances (work and home) I'd work second shift. I am a night owl and do not like seeing the sun in the east, EVER. Sometimes (everyday) it's a necessity, so I deal, but just for the record, I think I'd have gotten L&P completed in week one if I was working with the sun in the west and/or out of the sky.
Twenty-four (of twenty-three) things complete. Pretty sure that's good enough for a MacBook...

No comments: